La Habra Shuttle
Who May Ride?
Seniors 65 years and older, and persons with disabilities, who are residents of the City of La Habra are eligible. Drivers can assist you in boarding and exiting the vehicle. If needed, you may provide your own escort to assist you in getting to and from the vehicle. Escorts ride free of charge and must be 18 years or older. Grandparents bringing children under four years old or weighing less than 40 lbs. must provide and use a car seat.
Where Can I Ride?
You can ride throughout the City of La Habra, including service to St. Jude Medical Center and Whittier Hospital Medical Center and the adjacent doctors' offices, as well as to the medical offices adjacent to the former Brea Community Hospital site.
When Can I Ride?
The La Habra Shuttle operates every Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Service is not available on New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, or Christmas Day.
Where Do I Register?
Application forms may be downloaded here or obtained from the La Habra Community Services Department at 101 W. La Habra Blvd., La Habra, CA 90631. They must be mailed to the same address, or faxed to (562) 905-9711. Additionally, a doctor's verification is required for those qualifying under a disability. Doctor's Verification forms may be downloaded here or obtained from the Community Services Department at the address listed above. The Community Services Department will provide a free ride to and from the Community Center to any first-time participant wishing to apply. For questions on registration or eligibility, please call (562) 905-9664.
Are the Vehicles Wheelchair Accessible?
Yes. Please specify if you use a wheelchair when you make your reservation so that the driver can position the vehicle for easy access. For safety reasons, scooter users are encoruaged to transfer to a regular seat on the vehicle.
Is There a Charge?
Yes. Rides are $0.50 (fifty cents) per one-way trip for all passengers, excluding escorts. Due to grant funding requirements, transportation to and from the TLC Nutrition Program at the La Habra Senior/Community Center is FREE.
How Do I Reserve a Trip?
A 24-hour advance reservation is required. However, your request may take more than 24-hours to fulfill, due to the number of riders participating in this program. To schedule a ride, call toll free 1-866-557-7433, and provide the following information:
- Your name
- Telephone number at the pick-up location
- Day and date of the ride to be scheduled
- Street address of the pick-up location
- Street address of the destination location
- Wheelchair or service animal use
- Medical appointment time and doctor's address if riding to a medical appointment
- Number of passengers riding, and whether or not an escort is traveling with you.
Other Useful Information
1. To keep fares low, vehicles are shared with other passengers. We make every effort to deliver customers to their destinations on time. We may make stops along the way.
2. When requesting a ride, allow adequate time to reach your destination. Ride requests are assigned in the order received.
3. Be prompt and visible at your pick-up location. Be ready to board when the vehicle arrives.
4. Return trip reservations may be made at the time of the initial reservation.
5. Call toll free 1-866-577-7433 to cancel a reservation as soon as possible. An early cancellation allows us to reassign the time slot to someone else.
6. Please keep carry-on items manageable in size and number. Drivers are not allowed to carry packages to your door.
7. Wear your seat belt at all times.
8. No smoking, eating or drinking is permitted. No animals are allowed except for service animals.
9. Please do not tip the driver. You are welcome to call (562) 905-9664 to provide feedback on the driver's courtesy or to express a complaint.
|Print this article.||Email this article.|